First, something I didn't use but that Mrs. Hand (not her real name) did when she interjected at one point is visual aids! She wrote everything she was doing up on the whiteboard, and the students were engaged!
The layout for the class was this:
- Multiplication timed test
- 5-10 minute lesson on multiplication tricks
- Multiplication Bingo :)
(And something else I want to add is DON'T, Dahlia, ever wear a backpack inside a middle school again! The students were tugging and pulling at me from every direction!)
Bingo worked! I got to interject with multiplication trick reminders as we played. It was important for me to have a way to mark which numbers I had called and which I hadn't. The students needed proof when they insisted I had called a number that I hadn't.
At the end, I should have given clean-up instructions instead of just dismissing them, because I was left with nearly every one's bingo templates and markers to collect and every one's chairs to put up. :)
Also, I had until 4:45, but we finished at 4:00. Next time, I should go prepared with more materials. Always OVER plan! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment